1. F. T. O’Hagan et al., Response to resistance training in young women and men. Int J Sports Med. 1995 Jul;16(5):314-21.
2. Anne-Marie Lundsgaard and Bente Kiens, Gender differences in skeletal muscle substrate metabolism – molecular mechanisms and insulin sensitivity. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2014 Nov 13;5:195.
3. Keijo Häkkinen et al., Changes in electromyographic activity, muscle fibre and force production characteristics during heavy resistance/power strength training in middle-aged and older men and women. Acta Physiol Scand. 2001 Jan;171(1):51-62.
4. Cory walts et al., Do sex or race differences influence strength training effects on muscle or fat? Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Apr;40(4):669-76.
5. Chang Woock Lee et al., Oral Contraceptive Use Impairs Muscle Gains in Young Women. The FASEB Journal Vol.23, No.1 supplement, April 2009.