1. Response to resistance training in young women and men, F. T. O’Hagan et al., Int J Sports Med. 1995 Jul;16(5):314-21.
2. Gender differences in skeletal muscle substrate metabolism – molecular mechanisms and insulin sensitivity, Anne-Marie Lundsgaard and Bente Kiens, Front. Endocrinol., 13 November 2014.
3. Changes in electromyographic activity, muscle fibre and force production characteristics during heavy resistance/power strength training in middle-aged and older men and women, Keijo Häkkinen et al., Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 171(1):51-62 · January 2001.
4. Do Sex or Race Differences Influence Strength Training Effects on Muscle or Fat? Cory walts et al., Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 40(4):669-676, APR 2008.
5. Oral Contraceptive Use Impairs Muscle Gains in Young Women. Chang Woock Lee et al., The FASEB Journal Vol.23, No. 1 supplement, April 2009.